Berkeley Catering is committed in continuing to improve and promote sustainable practices within our business.
We understand that how we procure our ingredients, production of food, transport systems and head office procedures can have a large positive impact following our commitment.
We practise the following:
- We source our ingredients and purchase from specially selected local suppliers who are as close to our premises as possible.
- Where possible we work with Assured Food Standards to procure Red Tractor products.
- We do our best to support British farmers and suppliers by using many seasonal fruits, vegetables, meats and fish with effective menu planning.
- We thrive on creating healthy menu options that contribute to a healthy diet and well being.
- We use china and melamine platters whenever possible and other reusable containers for food presentation rather than disposable items.
- We have regular seal maintenance checks on our fleet to ensure correct temperature and eliminating excess energy consumption.
- Devise more efficient routes to avoid fuel wastage.