Brilliantly prepared dishes that pass the gourmet-guest taste test and serving Mother Nature are our passions. Eco Caters’ dedication to sustainability coast-to-coast includes:
- Preparing tasty dishes based on fresh, in-season, certified organic ingredients
- Creating menus intended to promote good health and wellness
- Supporting farmers who follow sustainable food practices
- Sourcing from our in-house herb garden
- Conducting internal trainings and other efforts led by Eco’s own sustainability manager
We’ve worked hard to establish a coast-to-coast standard of excellence that supports award-winning sustainable practices in our kitchens. The strong relationships we have developed with local growers and farmers help support our relationships with the most important people of all – our clients.
With organic and sustainable practices second nature to our business, Eco Caters can devote its full attention to the values, taste and preferences of each individual client. From the initial planning phase, we will work collaboratively with you to ensure your event reaches well beyond its full potential.
Catered organic food and specialty menus: Community farmers are like family to Eco Caters. Eco uses only fresh, sustainable seafood sourced primarily in California or the Mid-Atlantic region. We also offer specialty menus featuring invasive species of the Chesapeake Bay (identified by the Sustainable Fisheries Goal Implementation Team).
Conserving community resources
We have implemented ongoing practices that promote sustainability and the efficient use of resources. Eco helps reduce food waste and conserve resources by:
- Utilizing surplus-gleaning programs
- Pickling, drying and employing other techniques that make the best use of vegetable stems and peels
- Participating in composting programs
- Partnering in cooking oil waste recycling programs
- Recycling paper, cardboard, glass, and plastic
- Limiting water usage through reusable cold packs and freezer sheets
- Offering compostable plates, utensils and cups (and other required disposables) for food deliveries
- Driving fuel efficient vehicles for deliveries
Eco Caters is proud to participate in our communities in meaningful ways through collaborations with organizations such as Kid Power, Make-a-Wish, TAPS, and Food Rescue US.