Lexington is a team of vibrant and creative individuals who deliver excellent food and service, creating an environment where people can have fun and be the best they can at work.
Set up in 2002, Lexington is an award-winning contract caterer that puts people at the heart of the business. We have over 650 employees in our team and an enviable client portfolio in London and the South East of England.
Whether the occasion calls for a modest healthy selection or Michelin star presentation, our impressive hospitality teams excel at delivering professional, timely, creative and delicious experiences. Leaving a positive impression on your guests is our priority.
Impeccable food, discrete service and delighted guests – these are what we deliver every day. Let Lexington Hospitality Chef, Jack Shaw, fill you in on how his team make it happen….
We create amazing large scale events for our clients, designed to the last detail of food and service.
Our approach to events as with every other aspect of Hospitality catering is to create a bespoke experience that is personal, fun and memorable.
CELEBRATE LOCAL AND SEASONAL
- We use 100% British meat
- We change the menu with the seasons
- We source food from at least one local farmer, fisherman, or producer
- We promote local, seasonal produce on the menu
- We know the provenance of 100% of our ingredients
SERVE MORE VEG AND BETTER MEAT
- We offer at least one vegan dish a day
- We don’t serve eggs from caged hens
SOURCE FISH RESPONSIBLY
- We never serve endangered species (IUCN Red List)
- We only serve MSC green rated fish
- We serve a diversity of species (beyond Tuna, Cod, Haddock, Salmon & Prawns)
SUPPORT GLOBAL FARMERS
- We work with coffee, tea, chocolate and/or sugar suppliers who have transparent direct trade agreements
- We only buy certified fairly traded tea, coffee, sugar, and/or chocolate
- We only buy responsibly sourced soy
- We only use responsibly sourced palm oil
- We buy produce in a way that ensures workers rights, labour and environmental stewardship in our supply chain
TREAT STAFF FAIRLY
- We provide all staff with at least one free meal per shift
- We ensure equal pay for equal roles
- We have a known grievance policy and system for feedback and complaints that is accessible to all staff
- We don’t have staff working unpaid overtime
- We pass on all customer tips and service equally to all staff
SUPPORT THE COMMUNITY
- We are accessible to those with disabilities
- We donate staff time or space on site or money to those who need it
- We are a socially inclusive recruiter
- We collect money for charity with our diners
FEED PEOPLE WELL
- We do not serve endless refills on sugary drinks
- We cater to different dietary needs
- We disclose the calories on our menus
- No main courses on our menu are more than 50% of your recommended daily intake of calories, fat, sugar or salt
WE REDUCE REUSE RECYCLE
- We recycle glass, plastic and paper/card
- We only use plastic items that are 100% reusable or compostable
- We buy from suppliers who minimise single use plastic packaging
WE WASTE NO FOOD
- We measure food waste and set reduction targets
- We separate food waste, and ensure it is disposed of as AD or composting