The Austrian Ecolabel for Green Meetings and Green Events
The Austrian Ecolabel for “Green Meetings and Green Events” is the first national environmental label which allows the certification of a whole event. Organizers as well as participants and locations are involved and committed in the greening process to create a really sustainable event.
The quality label has been created in 2010. It demonstrates environmentally conscious as well as socially responsible management of a meeting and is committed to the preservation of the bases of life and pays attention to the well-being of participants as well as of staff members.
Which events can receive the Austrian Ecolabel?
- Congresses, Symposia
- Scientific or national conferences
- Conferences, fora, colloquia
- Company meetings, business meetings
- General assemblies, board meetings
- Closed meetings, seminars, further training courses, workshops
- Business events, public events, galas and the like
Who can become a licensee?
- PCOs (Professional Congress Organizers)
- Congress and exhibition centres
- Convention Bureaus
- Congress and seminar hotels
- Event planning and event management companies, public relations agencies, city marketing offices
- Extracurricular institutions of further education and training